This one’s extremely simple guys. And delicious and as fattening or low fat as you want!
What you need:
- 4 apples (however big or small and any kind you prefer. I used Jonagold)
- 2 Tablespoons butter/margerine
- 1 8x8x2 baking dish
- an oven
- a knife or apple corer
- a vegetable peeler
- a packet of caramel sauce or a recipe for caramel sauce
- ice cream or frozen yogurt of your choice
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Peel and core apples.
- Set Apples in baking dish and insert butter into core cavities and dish.
- Bake apples for 15-25 minutes or until tender/inserted toothpick goes in without much force.
- During this time prepare caramel sauce and let both apples and caramel cool when done cooking.
- Serve with a scoop or two of ice cream, put the apple on then drizzle with caramel and top with favorite toppings or enjoy on it’s own!
Preferred: Jonagold/Sweet-tart apple with vanilla ice cream or Umpqua’s Caramel Macadamia Crunch Frozen Yogurt
This ended up a little more handmade recipe as opposed to following specific directions. But the result is a delightfully sweet, tart, warm-cold dessert that will make you sing in happiness. The apple, even if overcooked can still be very delicious and provides a warmth and freshness to combat the indulgence of the cool ice cream and warm caramel. This was also EASY to make. Just set it in the oven when you sit down to eat and by the time you’re done so is the dessert! I ENCOURAGE this one for beginners.